Frequently Asked Questions & Terms and Conditions
- I’m Just Engaged But Haven’t Set The Date, or Chosen a Venue Yet, Can I Make An Appointment?
Time of year and your venue will influence your style of wedding dress. Once you have a confirmed date and venue, we can book you a full bridal appointment. If you’d like to meet us and see what we will have to offer you, then you are welcome to book a browsing appointment.
- Do I Need to Make an Appointment?
Yes. For the privacy of our customers we operate on an appointment-only basis
If you know you’re coming, even if you’re on your way, call ahead and let us know. If you have to speak to the answer-phone, we’re probably busy dressing another customer.
- Do you charge for appointments?
In conjunction with the other independent bridal studios in Swindon, we have agreed to charge a nominal £10 for try-on appointments with our experienced stylists. This charge is made at the time of booking and goes a small way to help cover the cost of PPE and additional Covid controls we have in-store to keep you and your loved ones safe.
The £10 appointment booking fee is refundable against any future accessory purchases made at Sarah Belle Bridal and is charged per appointment, not per person. Refunds are not given for cancelled appointments.
If you need to rearrange the date &/or time of your appointment please CHANGE DON'T CANCEL, otherwise you will be charged again (1 refund per purchase).
- When Should I Begin Looking for and Buy My Dress?
For a wedding dress, we recommend:
- Choosing a style 9 to 12 months before the wedding.
- Booking your final measurements appointment 6 or 7 months before the wedding. The decision on when to book you in for measurements will depend on a number of factors, including the Designer’s lead time, any weight/shape aspirations you may have and seasonal factors, e.g., Christmas/New Year shutdown.
For bridesmaids, we recommend:
- Choosing your style 6 to 9 months before the wedding.
- Booking final measurements 5 to 6 months ahead of the wedding. The decision when to measure will depend on a number of factors, not least the availability of the bridesmaids to visit the shop. If we haven’t got the luxury of time we can deliver bridesmaid dresses on a 6-week rush-cut (but there are additional costs).
For prom dresses we recommend:
- Choosing and ordering 5 to 8 months before the prom. By buying early you secure that style for your school. No one else going to the Prom will be able to buy and wear that same style – Our Prom Promise – not something the high street or Internet can guarantee, but we can!
- If you’re worried about choosing the size so early, don’t – we have lots of experience in this and can advise you appropriately as to the best size to order taking into account growth spurts – upwards and outwards – which can occur at this time of your life!
For flower girls we recommend:
- Choosing 6 to 9 months before the wedding, in line with your bridesmaid choices.
- Ordering 3 to 4 months ahead of the wedding. The decision will depend on the Designer you choose but our recommended Designers offer short lead-times so that we can guarantee a good fit on the day.
- Are Alterations Included In The Price?
No, alterations are a separate charge raised by our seamstresses. They quote based on individual requirements and will do as much or as little as you want.
We have found that it is more cost-effective to contract dressmakers on your behalf. You are not obliged to use them, but we have confidence in their quality of service and their prices.
- Do you finance?
We operate a simple payment plan, not a finance agreement. Typically dresses require a 50% payment to be put on order.
- Can I Change Or Cancel My Order?
All sales are final. Once you have paid the agreed initial payment your dress is on order., The full balance is due when the dress arrives in store (or as otherwise agreed with you). This arrangement does not affect your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act.
If you are having trouble with a payment or any other concerns, please talk to us.